The North Apple Valley Industrial Specific Plan capitalizes on the opportunities and advantages that the area offers and promotes the use of the area as a regional center for industry and manufacturing. Unique advantages provided by the Specific Plan area include:
• Proximity to a significant regional transportation system that includes State Route 18, Interstate 15, historic State Route 66, State Route 395, and the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad.
• Uncongested access to regional business centers such as San Bernardino and Barstow; international commerce centers such as Las Vegas and Los Angeles; and to the ports of Long Beach and San Pedro.
• A range of businesses, industries, and institutions that have already developed around the airport. These include utility company facilities; fuel and flight related businesses; airplane hangars; industrial storage facilities; law enforcement facilities; the Walmart and Big Lots. warehouse/distribution facility; vehicle and equipment rental and storage areas; auto salvage yards; and machine shops.
• An expanding regional airport with current ability to accommodate both general aviation and commercial jets.
• Generally flat and unconstrained land which can suit any size of business or industry. These attributes combine to make the Specific Plan area an ideal site for a wide range of industrial, commercial, institutional, office, and airport-related uses